001 UNSENT
Letters to Me, The Before, Now and To
Come
Letter I.
The Quiet Noise
I thought the silence would finally give me room to breathe, a sanctuary where I could draw the air deep into my lungs and find a piece of heart to focus.
But the stillness doesn't help as it should because it only makes my grief easier to hear.
This quiet noise rings through my mind and leaves me stranded with a version of myself I no longer recognize.
It makes the stillness feel like a heavy weight pressing against my chest rather than the gift I went looking for.
I am sitting in the wreckage of a silence that was supposed to be a cure but turned out to be a cruel irony.
So I am learning to stop waiting for the stillness to fix the fractures in my soul. I am deciding instead to inhabit the noise until it no longer scares me, until the silence is no longer a burden, but a space where I am allowed to exist without the pressure of being whole.